Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Ty's broken Leg

Most of you know, Ty had an accident in July and fell off a inflatable playground slide and broke his femur bone. It was so scary. It was the first thing he had done at the fun center. I heard him scream so I ran over to see what happened. I knew something was wrong because of how he screamed. You just know as a mom. He was on his back, I didn't know if I should move him, but my first thought was to get him out of there. Right when I picked him up I felt his femur bone bend in half. And it was swollen within seconds. We made it to Wee Care, then to the ER at Davis hospital, then they took us in an ambulance to primary children's hospital where they had to take them in the OR and put a full body cast on him. He had it on for 6 weeks. It was a long 6 weeks, he couldn't swim, bath, sit up, he finally learned to move around, even walk. Everything is better now but it will be a memory we will remember for the rest of our lives. This kid has the weirdest things happen. He broke his skull when he was 5 months, he had a neck abbess drained in Feb 2012 and now a broken femur. I hope this doesn't continue.

No comments: