Friday, April 17, 2009

Want some food?




Well, I thought since I am a poor mom, I'd better start to learn how to be a better homemaker and a lot cheaper. To start with, I made Paisley's baby food. I got buckets full of carrots from our garden from last year, which were still good. So, I got about half of them and blended them into baby food. Then, thanks to great sisters and sister-in-laws who have done things like this before, I put them into ice cube trays. You freeze them, then but them in little baggies (or jars) to take out and eat later. I did this with some sweet potatos I had bought as well. So, we have ice cubes of baby food around here and a true beginning homemaker (a little at a time). I am excited to get our garden going this year because there is a lot out there Paisley can eat, which will help us save money for her and for us!

3 comments:

Marinda said...

Good for you Tina! That is one area I feel I've saved a ton of money (baby food is so expensive) plus, home made is so much more healthy! Paisley will thank you!

Jacqui said...

That is great! And your Dietitian sister in law is also reminding you to include some green beans or zucchini or broccoli (green veggies) in your ice cube collection. If she doesn't take to it right away, add a bit to some of the fruits or orange veggies that she does like and then slowly change the proportion to be more and more "green."

Always good to have a good balance.

I'm excited for our garden too. My squash have sprouted (all varieties) along with my tomatoes and cuckes and all my flowers. This is all indoors, of course. They wouldn't survive the snowstorm outside :) What are you planting in your garden this year?

The Toone's said...

I am so proud of you girly! Holy cow Paisley is adorable and growing up so fast! Time flys by. I am attempting to do a garden too, so best of luck to you.