Monday, May 11, 2009

Top 10 Updates

Top 10 updates!

Time keeps on flying!! I can’t figure out where life flies to, but I am glad I get to hang on for the ride. Sometimes it goes so fast that I don’t even make time to write on this mini-journal called a “blog”. So, here are our Top 10 Updates which have happened to us in the last few weeks.

10- Kurt turned 25. Happy Birthday!! I know he had his birthday on the 9th but I never got the chance to post about it. We are already hitting our mid-20’s. Wow Kurt, you’re getting old! He got a gift certificate for golf shoes at Dick’s Sporting Goods so we went there last week and got a killer deal. We had a coupon for $20 off a purchase of $100. So, he got a golf bag too. We ended up spending only $4.00 of our own money after the gift card and coupon. Not bad for shoes and a bag.
9- We are going to Japan!! This was a birthday gift for both Kurt and I. We got Skymiles to use for this trip. It is a blessing for us to go. Kurt’s parents are there on a mission and they haven’t met Paisley. So, all 3 of us get to go visit them and see them in action on their mission. We can’t wait. This is the best birthday present ever. We leave on the 18th of May. One week!
8- Happy Anniversary!! Kurt and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on the 27th. Kurt was in the middle of finishing school so we didn’t do much on the very day but go out to eat. We got to go up to Zermatt Resort for the weekend. It was such a fun get away. We even got to leave Paisley behind for the first time. We missed her but we enjoyed our time.
7- I graduated from college! I finally did it, with a teaching license included. Friday May 1st I had graduation for most of the day at Weber State University. I graduated in Secondary Education to teach Physical Education and Spanish. I love it. I am so glad I finished and am so grateful for all those who helped me get here. It was a great accomplishment.
6- Tina turned 25. I had my 25th birthday on Saturday May 2nd. It was a great day. We were up at Zermatt Resort and then came down to coach a few basketball games I was helping out with, and then we went golfing! It was great fun. It is always nice to have a birthday.
5- Paisley got her first tooth. It finally came through a few weeks ago. It has been miserable getting it out and only a mouthful more to go. Hopefully she’ll start getting used to the pain. She is growing up so fast, but she sure is fun.
4- We are training for the Ogden Marathon. It has been a long training for the last few months. The marathon is THIS Saturday the 16th. This is Kurt’s 1st marathon and my 5th, but for sure my last. We are getting nervous and hope we make it ok. Pray for us and wish us luck. Good luck to anyone else who is doing it!!
3- Spring Fling Basketball Tournament. I took the junior high basketball team to a spring tournament. It was about 4 weeks long and we had a couple games each week. We had a good time and gives them a chance to play all during the year. I love being a part of it and helping where I can. Luckily, Paisley already loves coming to the gym!
2- New baby! Kyle (Kurt’s brother) and Jen had number 3. He was born on Wednesday May 6th. He weighed 7 lbs 15 oz. They finally decided on a name…Kason Kyle Webb. He is adorable. We are so happy for you guys. Congrats!
1- HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!! I had a great first mother’s day. Kurt made me a great breakfast and he and Paisley gave me a few little gifts. We ate with my family then went to visit Kurt’s grandma. We went to cemeteries to visit those who have gone on and we got to talk to Kurt’s mom on Skype to wish her a happy day as well. I hope all of you mothers know how great you are. Hope you had a great day and am grateful to know you all!

3 comments:

Marinda said...

5 marathons? Tina, you are an animal. Elijah and I ran the Deseret News Marathon last summer and it was really, really long. But I'm glad I did it. Good luck, you two! And have an AWESOME trip to Japan. I hope Paisley is good for the flight!

Jacqui said...

Wow, you've really run 4 already? Tina, you are a running machine. I'm nervous for the 5K on Saturday and the 10 K on Memorial day, but you guys rock! Good luck!

Thanks for the update. We should skype more. I miss you guys!

Platte and Heather said...

What an eventful time! Congrats on everything...and may I be the 3rd to say, 5 marathons!! Holy Cow. You are amazing my friend!!