Saturday, February 5, 2011

Under Construction

It was not our choice to be UNDER CONSTRUCTION right now....but things happen when you own a home and you have to be sometimes. We had a leak in our dishwasher...that's where it all started.

The leak brought in 3 different techs to fix it throughout a 3 week period (hired by our home warrenty provider). The first one ordered the parts, the second one said he didn't order the right parts, so he left it taken a part and told us not to use it...duh! Anyway, after he left we found a leak under the sink that went to the basement. Then, two days later, after doing all the dishes by hand, I realized there was water everywhere under our laminate flooring. It was bad. Luckily there was a bucket already in place in the basement or that would have been all ruined too. I called our home owners insurance and they took care of us. The next day there were people here fixing it.

This problem just got worse instead of better. When they started removing the flooring, they foudn mold under the floor from previous leaks in the house. Even though it was worse, it was better we found it and took care of it now.

So after weeks of having people take apart and put our house back together...it is finished. I even painted the kitchen during all of this so it looks new to us.

The best part is most of it is covered by insurance and we had to pretty much take the company to litigation for trying to fix the dishwasher. So, here are some before and after pictures. New is just better.

Before....
Mold they found!
Tearing out mold!
Kitchen before paint and floor
Front entry tear up
Tearing the floor out
More mold found and fixed.
After with the paint
Entry way floor- AFTER
AFTER!!!

4 comments:

Katie & James Shannon said...

It looks so good. I'm so glad everything got put put back together

Jacqui said...

That looks fantastic! I love the color of both the floor and the walls. How exciting! I'm mean, not the horribleness of the problem, but that you got to redecorate a bit :)

Alison Johnson said...

Wow, I love it. It turned out really nice!!!

Georges...party of 4 said...

Tina- That floor is beautiful and a really nice color for the paint. nice work! it looks so great!