Monday, June 8, 2009

Ogden Marathon

Monte, Kurt, Tina and Toby
Just about to the finish line!

WE DID IT! On May 16th Kurt and I ran the Ogden Marathon. Along with my brother Toby, my brother-in-law Monte and three other cousins. We also had a few cousins running the half marathon. It was a great accomplishment and we are glad we did it. It was Kurt's 1st marathon on my 5th. I have to admit that even though we ran the whole marathon together, I beat him at the end. For some reason I get a burst of energy at the end of any race. I guess it is all the adrenalin built up and ready to get to get out of me. Kurt wasn't wanting to make it worse than we already were so he just took his sweet time. I couldn't hold back anymore, so the last 2 blocks I came in without him. I probably only finished 20 or 30 seconds before him, but it still felt good to finish strong. I was more sore than he was after and he gives me a hard time that it was because of my last sprint. Maybe he is right, but it was worth it, I guess. I'll take the pride in beating him in something!

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

Kraig says, "Well, there's one of us that can be Kurty at something."

Jacqui said...

Great job. I can't believe you've run 5 marathons. That's incredible...insane, but incredible!

I think we should run together, Tina.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow you guys got married! I know its kinda random of me to write, but I found you guys on the vhs 2002 blog. Anywho, you guys have such a cute little family! Your little girl is way cute and I love her name! Well I am so happy to see you guys are doing so great! Oh... P.S. this is Nate Kennaley.

Anonymous said...

oh and another thing... I wish I could run that far...

Kirsten and Steve said...

I am so proud of you--you will be an inspiration as I someday gear up for my marathon. miss you guys!